Did you Know that Methileaf (Fenugreek) is One of The Top Superfoods?
Methileaf (Fenugreek) leaves are a powerhouse of many minerals and vitamins. They are rich in vitamins such as thiamine, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamins A, B6, C, and K. Methi also contains minerals such as copper, potassium, calcium, iron, selenium, zinc, manganese, and magnesium.
For thousands of years, fenugreek has been used in alternative and Chinese medicine to treat many diseases and skin conditions
Here are 12 Common Health Benefits of Methileaf or sometimes called Fenugreek
- Powerful Antioxidant, just one cup has 36% of RDA of Vitamin C, 15% RDA Vitamin A and Beta Carotine
- Bone Health: Rich in Vitamin K for Bone Health –
- Helps to control Diabetes: Lowers blood sugar levels and assists in carbohydrate tolerance due to the galactomannan, a natural soluble fibre present in fenugreek which slows down the rate of sugar absorption into blood. It also contains amino acids responsible for inducing the production of insulin.
- Natural aid in Breastmilk Production for breastfeeding Mothers; This is due to the presence of diosgenin in the spice which increases milk production in lactating mothers
- Boosts Testosterone in Men and increases nitric oxide production for blood flow
- Appetite Control; the extra fiber in Methi helps with feeling full and satisfied without overeating.
- Lowers Cholesterol; Methi leaves and seeds contain compounds that inhibit both cholesterol absorption in the intestines and cholesterol production by the liver. Fenugreek has been shown to lower total and LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels in people with high lipid levels in preliminary trials
- Reduces Inflammation; the high antioxidant flavonoid content in fenugreek can reduce inflammation
- Reduces Heartburn, acid reflux, gerd and assists in digestion: Methileaf has high amounts of polysaccharides called galactomannans and fiber that help relieve heartburn systems as effective as over the counter aids.
- Reduces Risk of Heart Disease; Due to the presence of galactomannan, fenugreek plays a key role in maintain your heart health. It also contains high amount of potassium that counters the action of sodium to help control heart rate and blood pressure
- Aids in Digestion: As fenugreek is rich in fibre and antioxidants, it helps in flushing out harmful toxins from the body and thus, aids digestion. In some cases, fenugreek tea is used to relieve indigestion, stomach pain and constipation.
- Helps to counter Acid Reflux or heartburn: Mucilage of fenugreek seeds coat the lining of the stomach and intestine and soothe irritated gastrointestinal tissues